Martha’s Gift-Annual H.S. Senior Scholarship
Martha Ingram, the matriarch of the Ingram family and grandmother of our founder, Melissa Stubblefield, passed away suddenly April 5, 2020 due to COVID-19. She and her late husband Rev. Fred Ingram raised Melissa and her siblings as their own. Martha was an amazing soul and always giving from her heart. Martha became a surrogate parent to families with in the community which she resided. She opened her doors to so many that were homeless and hungry. She and Rev. Ingram worked diligently to assist those who couldn’t help themselves. They often spent time in various hospitals and nursing homes bringing the patients joy through singing. She will be missed dearly. In remembrance of her life and legacy, Angels Live Inc. created this scholarship to help aid two high school Seniors who have lost their parents due to COVID-19 or any other disaster.
Angels Lives Inc. announces the launch of our first ever Martha’s Gift Scholarship Awards Program. Under the Program, four (4) $1000 scholarships will be awarded to any seniors attending High School in the state of New Jersey.
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
* Seeking graduating seniors who lost their parents or guardians to a pandemic or a natural disaster and who have shown selfless service through volunteering in their community in non-school sponsored activities.
* Applicants must plan to attend a two (2)-year community college or four (4)-year college or university.
* Scholarship funds will be paid during the month of August for the year of request directly to the college, not the student. The scholarship funds will be issued to the college or university upon receiving a certificate of enrollment for the fall semester, which includes the Student ID number and Financial Aid Office address.
* Applicants must have the endorsement of their Guidance Counselor on their application attesting they are qualified for this scholarship program.
* Applications must be received by the Angels Live Inc. no later than April of the student’s senior year. Late applications will not be accepted.
Email one copy of a completed and typed application package to: email@example.com (in subject line type Scholarship Application and school year) (This includes application with signoff by Guidance Counselor, essay, and letter of recommendation)
The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by the Martha’s Gift Scholarship Committee. The scholarships will be awarded in May of the recipients senior year at our annual Angels Live Inc award banquet. A formal invitation will be sent and scholarship winners should plan to attend.
Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org